Monday, February 20, 2012

Freedom Trail (+43 pts)

I had the morning off today, so I decided to do a little sight-seeing around Boston. In deference to the city's history, I felt that it would be appropriate to follow what is called "Freedom Trail", which is a path that takes visitors past some of the most important sites involved in the American Revolution and our country's founding. Places like Granary Burying Ground (where Samuel Adams, John Hancock, and Paul Revere are buried), the site of the Boston Massacre, the Old North Church (where Paul Revere hung two lanterns to warn of an impending British attack), and the Bunker Hill Monument.

I only got about halfway through the trail before lunch, because I have to read every single informational plaque that I come across in its entirety. My mildly OCD-esque tendencies make for slow going, but I do learn quite a bit and the history of the city is extremely fascinating. I'm going to attempt to finish off the rest of the trail this evening, but what I've seen so far has already made my time in Boston well worth it.


Cumulative Score:
Boston, MA = +33 pts

No comments:

Post a Comment